The “small club with big talk,” as United manager Sir Alex Ferguson once called City, the team he referred to as the “noisy neighbours who keep the radio on all the time,” has become his team’s bona-fide arch-rival. Mancini for sure rarely talks but lets his players do the talking for him on the pitch. No other team in the Premier League knows this better than Manchester United themselves. Earlier handed a beating of their lives at their own backyard, I knew Ferguson was humbled.
The F.A Cup tie, forget about it, it was a dumb match. United have one of the worst defences in the premier league right now. City are free scoring and if you really wanna see a good match, wait till it’s kick off.
So you think you wanna know more about this derby match, the match that could decide the league title, the match that could make Nasri champion before the whole of Arsenal…. Here are some facts, stats and the promo. Enjoy
- Manchester City have an incredible home record this season. Roberto Mancini’s men have won 21 of 22 games at the Etihad, scoring 51 goals in just 17 games.
- The hosts have already thrashed the visitors in this campaign. They famously won 6-1 at Old Trafford back in October, United’s heaviest ever Premier League defeat.
- In the 6-1 win, City were ruthless in front of goal. They scored six goals from just seven shots on target.
- However, on their own ground it’s a different story. City has not scored at home against United in the league for almost five years.
- Manchester United have already beaten Manchester City twice this season: a 3-2 win in the Community Shield and another 3-2 win in the FA Cup at the Etihad back in January.
- In Premier League meetings between these sides there have been six red cards, and Manchester United have been shown a whopping five of them. Jonny Evans was the last man to see red in the reverse fixture at Old Trafford.
- The champions come into the game in red-hot goalscoring form. They have scored eight goals in their last two games, four against Everton and four against Aston Villa.
- Manchester United won the title with 80 points last season. They have already collected 83 points to date and if they win their three remaining games they could equal their best-ever Premier League points tally of 92.
And now here is a brief Promo,,,,, enjoy,,